Thursday, June 21, 2012


While You Were Sleeping.....................



Backstory of Cinderella Continues.........BoomerGirl Confesses


I'm back dear friends! BoomerGirl had to take a much needed break to take care of a whole bunch of things. Funny how life happens that way.  Anyway, where were we?

Oh yeah, I think we were looking at the curious case of Cinderella and her affect on us baby boom girls. Needless to say, the whole theory of 'happily ever after' is a flawed one don't you think?

I have a funny feeling that I am not alone in thinking that "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore." Our Kansas, or the good old USA is not the same USA of our past, and we are all living in very new realities, regardless of where we stand on the class scale.

After all, we were all promised we could be princesses and that fairytales could come true. Our entire pop culture was predicated on furthering the fantasy and we all bought in, only to find shattered mirrors and shattered dreams scattered around our later lives.

Sounding too grim for you reader? Nah, I promise this will not be a 'Grimm' fairytale, only a look from one BoomerGirl perspective. A rear view mirror glimpse at the mirage of our innocence, told with humor, truth and yeah.... a big dose of cyncism. I will include my own story at times.

Be forewarned fair maidens....... I am and always was the one who told it like it was, (is) and would 
always manage to say the things no one else would. As we travel the yellow brick road together, I hope you will feel free to comment or share your own stories. I will include them ( anonymously or however you prefer) along the way with the rest of the tale as it unfolds. Eventually, you will be able to see it, touch it and feel it in the form of an e-book.  ( NOT the image below)







Just Another Bedtime Story?................ I Don't Think So


And if you want to stay tuned, please add your email, bookmark this page, share it with friends or repost on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.........Remember girls.... we're all in this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment